Google
 

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Springing Forward

Wow, it was a great day yesterday here in Missouri.
.
The Missouri National Guard troops that were in Kosovo came home. For those of you that have followed my blog for awhile, you know that this means my friend Dave, who was my point of contact for the collection of hats and scarves for the school children in Kosovo, is home. We still have some stuff to send, I just recieved another box of items last week but according to his wife we have a new address to send them , too.
.
Dave and his wife Jackie own the St. Louis francise of Comfort Keepers, an in home caregiving company for the elderly. I've worked for them for over five years. I love my job. I used to take care of the clients but since last summer when I broke my wrist, I've been working in the office. I didn't go down to meet him because that is family time, Jackie has been so excited about him coming home!
.
The temps were in the seventies and I picked up my boys and took off for Forest Park in St. Louis. Number one son and I went to the Art Museam which had an exibition on the Ming Dynasty. Number two son took off for the zoo. He's studying anthropology and his study subjects this semester are the lemurs and he has to spend an hour or more every week studying them.
.
The exhibition was stunning! It's amazing how bright and vibrant most of the colors were. These items were all between four and six hundred years old! They had several items of clothing there, too and these were no exemption. The embroidery was exquisite. It was so beautifully detailed.
.
I also stopped at my favorite recycling store, Leftovers, Etc in St. Charles, MO. I did a horrible thing, too. I bought a bagful (I'm talking large brown grocery bag here) of yarn, like I needed more. I'm supposed to be stash busting here. (sigh) I had changed my goal for the year for stash busting to 250 full and partial skeins rather than by the bagful so I could keep better track. So I had to count all the small balls and partial skeins and add it to my stash busting goal. There were sixty of them in that bag so now my goal is 310 for the year!
.
When I was driving home I saw all the traffic signs that usually tell you when there's a lane closed or something. They all said Welcome Home Troops!

No comments: