Google
 

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dancing Diamonds Quilt Top

Do you see the diamonds dancing across the quilt top? This is the first one I've made in over 7 years and I will admit there is a learning curve going on again. Here I thought I knew what I was doing. It's an easy pattern though, it uses a paper foundation and you simply start with a four sided figure in the middle and add pieces until the paper square is filled. I used a 6 1/2" paper to start. After trimming and sewing the blocks together the finished size is 5 1/2".

A picture of the beginning is here.

3 comments:

Carol E. said...

It's a wonderful quilt top! Great idea for a quick and easy pattern that's also interesting. Welcome to Sunshine, by the way! Glad to find another quilter/blogger, too.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your finish - great quilt :)

Pattilou said...

Hey that's a neat top. You're doing great at getting back into quilting--keep having fun. I love your yarn goodies too.